New Year’s Eve Murder Mystery Dinner, Sunday December 31, 2023 @ 6:30 pm -12:30 am
1 Railroad Ave Essex, CT 06426
A New Year’s Eve “Prom” to remember at Essex Station!
Essex Station is once again the place to be for New Year’s Eve! Join us for a night of trains, libations, mystery, dining, dancing and a champagne (or martini) toast to the new year at midnight.
Your experience begins with a swanky cocktail hour aboard our vintage train cars. Dining attendants will serve you drinks of your choice and pass hors d'oeuvres to get the party started!
When you arrive back at Essex Station, we will welcome you into the Dickinson Ballroom for a decadent dining experience. Grab a drink and pay attention…..you and your date will be attending a 1950s prom with the Murder Mystery Company.
When you have solved the crime and finished your dinner, get ready to swing, jive, or stroll your way to midnight to the amazing sounds of Jen and Tonic! We will have dance leads and instruction available to help you polish your moves, learn some new ones to impress your friends and family, or just have a blast counting down to 2024!
Dress to impress in your white or black tuxedos, prom dresses or evening gowns, fur stoles and dancing shoes….don’t forget the corsage!
6:15pm - 6:30pm: Check in at the Essex Station Ticket Window
6:30pm- 7:45pm: Premium open bar and chef selected passed appetizers aboard train
8:00pm - 10:00pm: Dinner and Murder Mystery at Essex Station/Open bar until 9:30pm
10:00pm - 12:30am: Dessert table / Jen and Tonic band / Dance Instruction / Cash Bar
(Champagne Toast at Midnight Included)
$289 per person (Guests must be 21+)
Upon Purchase you will receive an email asking for your meal selections
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Check in at Essex Station Ticket Window: 6:15 pm
- Train Boarding Essex Station: 6:15 pm
- Train Departure from Essex Station: 6:30 pm (The Train can not hold for late arriving guests; trains do depart on schedule)
- $25.00 of each ticket price is a non-refundable, non-transferable processing fee
- Reservations are non-refundable, but fully transferable ($25.00 per ticket transfer charge applies) with 5 days notice. Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable for late arriving guests and no show guests.
- Alcoholic and Non Alcoholic beverages available onboard train and at Essex Station. No beverages, especially alcoholic beverages, may be brought aboard the property including the train due to our liquor license.
- For safety reasons aboard the moving train and to ensure a relaxing ride for all patrons, this event is limited to passengers age 21 and older. No one under 21, including infants, are permitted to attend.
- Reservations and payment are required.
- Meal changes can not be honored within 48 hours of the event.
- This event will operate in all weather. However, The Valley Railroad reserves the right to alter equipment, schedule, and menu when necessary. If the Valley Railroad must cancel the event due to Extreme Weather Conditions, guests will be notified by email by 1pm the day of the event.
Tickets will not be mailed or emailed.